Thursday, August 18, 2011

Textile Mania

So far my internship is moving along and keeping me quite busy - they had me on projects almost right away...I've done everything from rendering 3d models, selecting fabrics and finishes and today I finished my first 32 x 40 material & furniture board (well, it was my first professional one anyway) - quite a process and a lot more work and detail than I thought but hopefully the client will love it and the hard work will pay off! In making furniture boards and ordering samples I deal a lot with textiles in my day to day job. It really got me thinking about applying textiles in applications beyond furniture. I did some research and found some really cool, innovative and sustainable ways textiles are used in architecture. 
United Colors of Benetton Building by Buck Architekci.

Fabric and be swamped out as it could be commissioned by different designers. Fabric is made from recycled materials. 


Interior rendering, doesn't quite fit into the theme of textiles but it was just too beautiful not to include! This building is amazing inside and out!
Drops by Camilla Hounsell Halvorsen

Drops consist of legs of stainless steel and an inner tube covered with recycled upholstery material.  The seat can also be removed from the underframe for use as a "pouffe". 


Thinking outside the box: Wooden Textiles by Elisa Strozyk

Light it up: LED light up carpet by Lama Concept

No comments:

Post a Comment