Wednesday, August 3, 2011

concept + function + purpose + form

Recently I have begun to look for internships specifically in interior design firms. I had a previous internship working for a small but great firm in downtown Oakland, however they didn't go into too much detail on interiors-it was mostly exterior architecture and urban planning (however, it was a wonderful + valuable working experience).  I had a few interviews last week and was offered 2 jobs with in days of interviewing. I went with Resource and Design because I felt it was a good personality fit plus commercial interior design is something I want to pursue after I graduate. Resource and Design is a full service furniture dealership, obviously I will be working in the design department assisting designers with materials library, graphic layouts + material boards and sketchup projects! Yeah for more real project experience! I'm excited to be delving into more interior architecture projects and rumor has it we are going to be getting into more detail on the furniture end for studio this coming semester...we are designing office spaces for the year 2020. That's perfect because Resource and Design does space planning + furniture specking for primarily for heath care and office spaces. I've attached some images of the work they do. If you have a commercial space that needs fancy furniture systems this is your place.

Wing Lung Bank- R&D specked and space planned furniture for this.

An offices space-furniture systems by R&D.

New Product by Allermuir,  multitude of informal seating "pebbles". I would love to see this piece  applied in a space!

Fit by Interstuhl. I love the technology behind this-an innovative weaving method creates different areas of firmer and softer seating to stretch to fit your body. The mesh fabric gives you room to breath so your body temp adjusts.

Spark by Knoll. Practical yet stylish and sexy!

No comments:

Post a Comment